Turn To Tumble Products To Make Reading Fun
The Tumble library of products provides a range of dynamic experiences for students of all ages—from animated, talking picture books, to read alongs, to full-length, unabridged classic audiobooks. This online collection offers unlimited access 24/7—there's no limit to how many computers can be using a TumbleBook at the same time. Tumble products include a collection of resources to aid teachers and enrich each child's learning experience.
TumbleBooks is an online collection of animated, talking picture books that teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks add animation, sound, music and narration to existing picture books to produce an electronic picture book, ideal for independent or group reading.
Tumble Products Drive Literacy
By using technology to deliver literacy, Tumble products take a load off precious library resources while enhancing service and access to students. Launched from a link on your school Web site, your students can access the entire collection from any computer with an Internet connection. Tumble products are never all checked out, never on hold. As many people can listen to the same book at the same time as you like!
To order TumbleBooks or for pricing and tiered quantity discounts, please contact us online or at 1-800-621-4272 ex. 5826.
- » About TumbleBooks
- » FAQs
- » Requirements
- The TumbleBookLibrary provides enrichment to students who are reading independently with a variety of high interest material. It also provides support to students who require skill building with a variety of exercises that can be matched with other areas of the curriculum. In general, TumbleBooks are a great addition to a reading program that can be worked on independently by each student or by the whole class. It has been exceptionally well received by ESL and Special Education teachers.
- The TumbleBookLibrary collection is accessed online from every computer in your school or library with Internet connection, or from home through a direct link on your school or library website.
- A subscription to TumbleBookLibrary allows your school or library UNLIMITED remote access to the entire collection from school, library, and home. It is a perfect reading resource for today’s digital learner.
- Story Books:
The TumbleBookLibrary has a selection of children's favorite story books. Old time favorites such as "The Paper Bag Princess" by Robert Munsch, as well as favorite fairy tales such as "Jack and the Beanstalk" and "Old Mother Hubbard" come to life in an educational and interactive way. Other titles include: "Diary of a Worm," “How I Became a Pirate,” "Miss Malarkey Doesn't Live in Room 10," "One Duck Stuck," and "Tops and Bottoms."
- Automatic/Manual Button:
TumbleBooks are designed to be experienced in either automatic or manual mode. In automatic mode, the pages turn by themselves and are narrated; while in manual, the narration and animation continue but children turn the pages at their own speed. A flashing arrow appears at the end of each page prompting the reader to turn the page. The sound off/on button allows the student to mute the narration and read to themselves. The Pause Button: Both the student and teacher can use the pause button to stop the story at any time in order to practice story prediction, interpret pictures, discuss new vocabulary words, empathize with a character, discuss possible consequences of actions, encourage problem solving, or provide historical, geographical, or other perspectives.
- Language Learning:
The Language Learning Section includes a growing selection of books in Spanish and French. Many are bilingual titles which allow the user to read the book in two languages.
- Read-Along Books:
Older students or more accomplished readers can read our collection of read-along chapter books. Read-along titles feature narration, sentence highlighting, and automatic page turning.
TumbleBooks has partnered with National Geographic to bring you videos which support with Core Curriculum Standards, covering subjects such as History, Geography, Social Studies and Science, to name just a few! The great part is that these videos are also paired with our non-fiction titles in the collection! Read “Meet the Meerkat” by Darrin Lunde, for example, then watch an educational video from National Geographic to learn more about this fascinating creature.
Contact your sales rep for more information about TumbleBooks today!
- How does the TumbleBook Library work?
With a paid, 12 month subscription, the TumbleBook Library collection is accessed online from every computer in your school or library with Internet connection, or from home through a direct link on your school or library website.
- Do I need special software to view TumbleBooks?
All you need is the Flash plug-in which is preloaded on most computers.
- Is there a limit to the number of students who can access the collection at the same time? Or the number of times we canview each title?
No limit. Your subscription gives you unlimited access from as many computers as you have connection to the internet.
- Is my subsciption only for the school year?
No. Your subscription is a 12 month subscription which begins on the start date of your choice and runs for 12 months.
Mac minimum requirements:
Mac OS X v10.1 or later: (PowerPC) Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x or later, AOL for Mac OS X, Opera 6, Safari 1.x or later
- Mac OS X v10.4.x or later (Intel) Firefox 188.8.131.52 or later, Opera 6, Safari 2.x or later
- PowerPC® G3 500MHz or faster processor
Intel Core™ Duo 1.33GHz or faster processor
128MB of RAM (more is better)
PC Minimum Requirements
- Microsoft Windows Vista: Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2.0
- Microsoft Windows XP: MIcrosoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Firefox 1.x, Firefox 2.x, Mozilla 1.x or later, Netscape 7.x or later
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Firefox 1.x, Firefox 2.x
- Microsoft Windows 2000: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x, Firefox 1.x, Firefox 2.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x or later
- Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x or later
- Microsoft Windows 98: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or later, Firefox 1.x, Mozilla 1.x, Netscape 7.x or later
Currently Tumblebooks are exclusively tested on Windows XP SP2 and Vista, Firefox 2.0 and IE 7.0
800x600 or larger monitor
Multi-year, multi-site, and small school pricing is available. Please contact your FES Digital Sales Specialist for more information.
Get more information on this award-winning database
View a demo of TumbleBooks
Need help? Get assistance from an FES digital expert.