Supplement Classroom Curriculum with Individualized Assignments and Targeted Practice Work
Story Cove Reading is an online reading solution designed to help students strengthen the core reading skills (phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension) they need to become proficient readers. Combining online interactive technology with leveled picture books, this supplemental reading solution complements any reading curriculum.
Formative assessments are utilized to prescribe a unique learning plan for each student. Each student is then guided through animated stories and practice assignments along with leveled picture books to accelerate their skill development.
Story Cove Reading is based on the principle that students need more targeted practice time to build and strengthen their core reading skills. This unique online program optimizes each student's time on a task by assigning specific practice work in exactly the areas that the student needs to develop.
Individualized Learning RTI
Each child begins the program with an online assessment of his or her core reading skills in
phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. The Story Cove Content Delivery Engine (CDE)
uses the data from the assessment to define a student profile that identifies each student's
strengths and weaknesses. This profile is then used to define an Individual Student Plan (ISP)
to address the needs of each student. The ISP assigns animated stories, interactive practice
assignments, and leveled picture books to individualize each student's experience and accelerate
learning. On-going formative assessments align this platform with RTI and Title I requirements.
In order to complete the online assignments, each child explores the characters, the settings and the plots in these classic tales. As they become immersed in these dramatic elements, they discover that they actually enjoy using books to solve problems. When this fundamental shift occurs, children grow more confident in their abilities and they choose to read more and to work harder. They also find that they can use reading to entertain themselves.
To order Story Cove Reading or for more information, please contact us online or at 1-800-621-4272 ex. 5826.
- » Pricing
- » Requirements
- » Features
|Story Cove Single Student Subscription
|Story Cove Multiple Student Subscription (2-5 Students)
|Story Cove Multiple Student Subscription (6-30 Students)
|Story Cove Multiple Student Subscription (31-100 Students)
|Story Cove District Level Subscription
||Call for Quote
- Pentium 4 processor with 2GB RAM minimum
- Network traffic rate minimum 700kbit/s of bandwidth or 150-200kbits/s bandwidth for each workstation provides optimum performance
- Browser level: Internet Explorer 6.5+ or Firefox 3.0+
- PDF level--Adobe Reader 8+
- Flash Player 9.0.124 but recommend 10.0
- Program is aligned with the specifications defined by Response to Intervention - RTI
- Skills based assessment identifies reading strengths and weaknesses
- Student Profile is defined for each child based on this data
- Profile is used to prescribe an Individual Student Plan (ISP)
- All assessments and practice assignments are correlated to reading standards
- Leveled picture books are used to work through the online practice assignments
- When students complete a story unit, they take the books to build their personal reading library
- All work is tracked, analyzed, and reported so that the student's progress and current status is available 24/7
- Fulfills Title I funding requirements
- Easy-to-use search tools
Multi-year, multi-site, and small school pricing is available. Please contact your FES Digital Sales Specialist for more information.